Thursday, September 11, 2008

Basketball and field trips

Wow, it's been a week since I've posted. Guess that means we have gotten back into our busy routine with school already. Talking with a friend on the phone tonight she said, " I don't know how you do it." Sometimes I don't either. (She works full time though so that's a different kind of busy) It's running from one thing to another all week long. I wanted to get some pictures today to post, but they didn't turn out. Kelsie and Brooke both started this week playing on their school basketball team. They won their first game today. Yeah!! Brooke is the youngest on the team. She is a 5th grader playing against 6th-8th graders. She was very nervous today before their game telling me, "They are all so big." But she did great. We were 1/2 hour late getting to the church for activity days after their game. We had to take 3 girls straight to the church in their uniforms still and all sweaty. Guess I learned I can't schedule both things in the same night anymore. My bad!

I went on a field trip with Brooke's class to the county courthouse. It was pretty interesting. They did a mock trial and Brooke was chosen to be the victim. Here she is being "sworn in" and then she had to tell how she got her bike stolen. It was fun for the kids to see how the system works.

3 comments:

tammy said...

What a fun field trip!

Shauna said...

She looks like Kelsie standing up there.
How fun!

Joy :) said...

Kobe was at the courthouse the same day as you guys were. I was wondering if you saw him. He had a great time. Congrats on the girls first win!