Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our new wildlife

Well, not so new, we do see them, but 4? There were 4 of them chasing this cat.
They were after a poor white cat up in the tree. We don't even own a cat! If you click on this last pic, I think you can see it, just to the right of the tree trunk.
The girls are going to be bummed they were already in bed! I heard the raccoons or the cat. I don't know which. I wonder what they would have done to it. Raccoons make a weird purring noise though. I stood out there for awhile just watching them, till I was freezing! (They eventually went up higher and I coaxed the cat down and it got down safely and ran off for all of you cat lovers. I am not one of them. :)

6 comments:

tammy said...

I'm not a cat lover either. I'd probably be rooting for the racoons. Just kidding. They can be nuisances too. But they're fun to watch. By boys would love that.

Joy :) said...

Wow, that's very adventerous of you. I am glad you saved the cat, even though I don't like them.

Anonymous said...

great pictures. Have you invited the racoons into your home like we did in St. Louis? Remember them eating out of your hand? Fun times.

Shauna said...

Well glad the cat ran away even though I really don't care for cats. That would've not been pretty. Cute racoons though!

Cam said...

Those mean raccoons. I'm glad the cat got away.

Deb said...

What a fun place you live in. I would love all the wild life!