That is my question. Can I just say I am NOT a fan of sleepovers. Never have been. I would just assume have my kids home in their own beds than over at a friends. I know that alot of you that read my blog do not do sleepovers at all. My sister and most of my high school friends rules are No sleepovers. I almost wish I had started that from the beginning. Last night was a rare exception where Kylie was at a friends, Kelsie was at a friends and Brooke had a friend sleepover here. Now I will pay for it all weekend expecially from a certain middle daughter of mine. I picked her up today and guess what? She never went to sleep last night! So guess who is in a great mood? Definately not her. By the time we got home I had to tell her that it was not my fault that she got no sleep last night and I am not going to listen to her snotty attitude all weekend because she is tired. Geez!! If so... no more sleepovers for her. I usually say no when they ask, but certain things I let them. Hers was a volleyball team party last night. Her stories about playing hide and seek out in the dark and someone cutting their knee open and running into a goat were pretty funny though. :) I have to say. So what's your thought on this? Just wondering...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















11 comments:
We've only done sleepovers with relatives. When Taylor was young, a friend told me they don't do sleepovers unless it's family, but instead do late nighters. They'll have friends over and stay up really late and do all the fun stuff, but then it's time for everyone to go home and sleep in their own beds. I thought that was a good idea. Then they get their sleep, and you don't have to worry about them.
Sleepovers are BAD! Kids always come home grumpy no matter what. Even if they promise you they won't and they never do their chores the next day, even if they promise you they will. No sleepovers!
Emma is only 4 and Brooke only 2, but I have been thinking about the no sleep over rule and I think it sounds good, especially after your post! lol! But seriously, I think I would worry about them too much. I like the late night idea. I'd be totally willing to stay up to pick them up late.
Sleepovers are tricky. I try to get out of them whenever possible. I try to convince my kids that they don't want to go and most of the time they agree. Mariah had one about a month ago with some friends from school and I did not want her to sleep over. I planned on picking her up late that night but when I called her she REALLY wanted to stay and it was a huge blizzard outside so I let her stay and both Shane and I felt sick about it......but it ended up being fine. I always worry about male members of the home where they are staying. Such freaky things happen and I don't think it's worth the risk. How do you tell your daughter about being careful of inappropriate men? I haven't figured that out.
Sleepovers are tricky. I try to get out of them whenever possible. I try to convince my kids that they don't want to go and most of the time they agree. Mariah had one about a month ago with some friends from school and I did not want her to sleep over. I planned on picking her up late that night but when I called her she REALLY wanted to stay and it was a huge blizzard outside so I let her stay and both Shane and I felt sick about it......but it ended up being fine. I always worry about male members of the home where they are staying. Such freaky things happen and I don't think it's worth the risk. How do you tell your daughter about being careful of inappropriate men? I haven't figured that out.
The Late Nights work great and my kids love them! It definitely cuts down on the crankyness the next day. It's worth the peace of mind that they are home safe and sound.
I remember I was always sooo cranky after a sleepover, I almost remember feeling like it was never worth it.
After finding out some crazy stuff about a friends family many years ago (one where we would have felt safe letting our kids stay), we decided on no sleep-overs. There's no way to explain to a kid why some homes are OK & some aren't, or certain times its OK & others it isn't. With my kids, at least, it would be a fight every time! So we do the late nights also. It works great, although my kids think we are the meanest parents in the world!
I have such fun memories of sleeping over at friends houses! I always let them, I think it's a part of growing up!
Usually we do them here and that cuts down on the worrying about what's going on and who is safe. As for the crankiness... that's a toughie! We have sleepovers fairly often and I just tell them if they're cranky that I'll say no the next time. Then I gotta remember to follow through...
Hope you have a beautiful weekend! ♥ Hugs :)
Maybe I am too close to being a teenager still...Reading all of these posts is really interesting and makes me think about it all as a parent for the first time. My parents were always very particular about who the family was and made us promise to not go TPing...(they learned from older sister's adventures). I guess it depends on the kid and where they are going.
Post a Comment