instead of having it in the basement covered in junk. Nate and I were called about a month ago by the Stake to go on the Pioneer Trek with the youth in our Stake in July. They have asked us to be a Ma and Pa. I wasn't quite sure about this when they first called us and I am still not as excited as Nate, but after the fireside they had tonight, I think it should be fun. Not easy, but do-able. The things I am the most NOT excited about are the sleeping on the ground and the no showers. This will be us...
UGH!!! So, I get to get 4 people ready for this trip. Kylie and Kelsie both get to go on it this year. They both might not get another chance to go. This is the first year our stake has done this and depending on how it goes they might only do it like every 4 years. I know this could be a once in a lifetime thing for us, so I better enjoy it, huh? Any ideas for clothing? I know everyone who has ever gone on a trek has just had an awesome experience. There are alot of really awesome people from the stake going and it should be really fun. I am not a camper though and hate to be all dirty. The Stake camp director called me back in Oct. to see if I would go to girls camp and I told her I would go up and help for a day like I did this last year and help with crafts, but I didn't want to stay up there all week. I hate camping! Well, she is also going on the trek and a couple of weeks ago when she saw my name on the email list for the trek, she caught me at church and told me I was a traitor. She said, You'll go on the trek, but you won't go to camp? Oops!! :) So, wish us luck in our attempt to try and prepare. Everyone says... Get walking! Nate wants to do a biggest loser contest with me, but I didn't take him up on that offer. :)


















9 comments:
How totally fun! Or maybe not fun as much as just an awesome experience. And if you ever need someone to go walking with, just think of your chubby little friend over here in Wildwood!
PS - Biggest loser contests are fun!
I didn't know you hated camping. Everyone in our ward that has done this, just can't stop talking about it. It was one of the best experiences. Of course, I don't know if I'd be excited to do it either.
It will be so much fun once you get there. Of course you know my family I love camping, but you'll be fine. And from going out to the Willie Center and seeing how much fun and how much you learn doing a trek, it will be very rewarding I'm sure. I just wish I was there to go with you guys!!!
Obviously you haven't talked to my Mom enough since she has come home! There are so many amazing things that come out of Trek- maybe you will learn to love camping! Hehehe!!
We did a trek with our ward when we lived in Colorado and it was the coolest experience of my life! seriously! We got to cross the actual Sweet Water River, see Devil's Gate, etc. You will love it. It's so spiritual. Being hot and dirty was lame, but it's worth it!
Wow! That will be a neat experience I'm sure. We had the opportunity to go several years ago to Martin's cove with our Stake but we backed out. I think if my kids ever get the chance to go, I would want to go with them. Everybody who goes abslolutely loves it. Get walkin!
You have fun with that. I am not down with being dirty.
I'm with Shauna, get walkin. You'll have a great time, once it's over. You'll all be glad you went. Just think Moab, only no jeeps and brown dirt. YEAH!!!
You will be glad you did it but I don't know if I could sleep on the ground outside. That would freak me out.
Post a Comment