Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wildlife.....

You know you live out in the middle of nowhere when you get woken up in the middle of the night by a screaming animal and look out your window to see this on your driveway. Yah, that was me last night. The coyote had found it's prey.


These turkeys have been living on our property since they were born I am sure. We see them about everyday. There are 5 little babies. (If you click on the picture you can maybe see them)
***I do not know why you can't click on these pics. I even took them off and reloaded them from my camera. Sorry!***This was last summer. I am standing in my house taking this picture of this bear out our back door.
We get alot of these in our yard too. Isn't it cute?


Anyone want to come sleep outside at my house?


6 comments:

Shauna said...

No I don't think I want to sleep outside at your house anytime soon!
Nice wake up call!

Sheri said...

Crazy! Where do you guys live again?
My own mother hardly reads my blog! She is silly. I will put you on my list! Good to hear from you! Have a fun summer with your girls.
sheri (julies daughter)

tammy said...

Connor would love to be at your house....except for the coyotes. Other than that, he'd want to be out there petting everything that came along.

Cori Ann & Donny said...

Hey Lori, I would love to send you an invite to my blog, due to the nature of my hubbie's job it has to be private, bummer. Send me your email address. coribebe@hotmail.com Cori Daley

Anonymous said...

That is crazy! What did the coyote get? I think I would be nervous if bears were my neighbors!

Cam said...

I can relate Lori. In fact, I just commented about that as one of my fears on my blog under the post "Tagged". I hear coyotes howling out my door at night and there is also a cougar up here. There are also porcupines, raccoons, deer, and I've seen a moose. One of my neighbors dogs was attacked and ripped apart by a coyote just outside their back door. My cat and my neighbors cat disappeared soon after we moved in. It scares me!