Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bad Day for Kylie

You know when you get a call from your 16 year old daughter 5 minutes after she has left on her way to school and she couldn't already be there that somethings up.

Ring, Ring
me: hello
K: Mom, will you tell Dad to come quick.
me: What's wrong?
K: I think I blew a tire.
me: What? How?
K: I swerved to miss something and I hit the ditch.
me: Where are you?
K: M_____ M_____
me: OK, calm down... Are you off the road?
K: Yes, I am off to the side of the road.
me: What the heck was in the road?
K: I think it was a rabbit or something.
me: Are you kidding me?
K: No tell Dad to hurry.
me: K, Dad's in the shower so you'll have to wait a minute.
K: K bye

So her Dad goes to help her and there is no spare tire on the truck. Figures! Just our Luck!! Meanwhile she has 2 finals today and gets out half day. I am going on a field trip with Kelsie and won't be here to pick her up and I needed her to pick up Brooke for me because I won't be back. So we have had an eventful morning, to say the least!! Boy, it' gonna be a great day!

flattire

5 comments:

tammy said...

Dang it! Your first little mishap is so traumatic, too! Was she freaked out, or ok? Oh I can tell already I'm not gonna like it when Taylor is old enough to drive.

~Lori said...

Yah, she was freaked out. Her voice was shaking talking to me on the phone. When I found out she was OK, I had to tell her to calm down. I'm glad it was a rabbit and not some other car for her first little mishap. Now maybe she'll be more cautious! :)

Cam said...

I bet she will be more cautious after that! I get so nervous when my kids first start driving. It freaks me out. I'm glad she and the bunny are ok.

Shauna said...

That would be very scary! Glad she is ok. I'm sure she will learn a little lesson from this. :-)

Kylie Ann said...

WOW Mom, thanks for posting this!! haha not!!!