Monday, May 18, 2009

Growing up....

I am still trying to catch up, but I do this only because I do not scrapbook. I am trying to keep a record of what is going on with our family and the exciting things and accomplishments that happen. So.....
one of the exciting things that happened in our family was Kylie was able to get her YW Recognition award on May 3, 2009. That is the main reason that my parents and Nate's parents were here for Brooke's birthday. They think it is really important to support the granddaughters, just like they do the grandsons with priesthood advancements or Eagle scouts. We are very grateful they both came. I can't believe we did not get a picture of Kylie with them on this night either. Makes me mad actually. :) Anyways, here is Kylie with the table she set up with awards, interests, projects, whatever whe wanted to take. Our stake puts on an awesome night for these girls. They really make it a big deal. They had pictures of each of them all throughout their life, they had their testimony recorded and played it while they walked up to the stand, just made it a really special night. We are very proud of Kylie for getting this award!!
And then a few days later, she turned 17!! I can't believe we have a 17 year old daughter already. I still remember the day she was born. She came right on her due date and slept through the night from day 1!! Yes, that's right, slept through the night. (don't worry, my other girls did not!) Kylie is very independent and has been very responsible this last year she has been driving. She loves to hang out with her friends and is always doing something. She is counting down till she turns 18 now. I told her, "I don't know what you think is going to change once you turn 18." :) She is very excited to graduate from high school and has alot of goals. We are very proud of the example she is to her sisters, cousins and friends. She has a couple of friends taking the discussions and that has been very fun for her to be involved in.
Kylie chose to go to Red Robin for her birthday and she was surprised when they came singing to her. She did not know they had been told it was her birthday.
We LOVE you Kylie!!


12 comments:

tammy said...

I can't believe you have a 17 yr old either!! You make me feel old. Oh wait. I am old. Good job Kylie on getting your YW Recognition!

Cam said...

Good job Kylie!

matt and michelle ray said...

Kylie, you are awesome! You are totally a good example to all of those younger girls! We miss you and all of your Addie-holding! Happy birthday beautiful girl!

Stacey said...

How fun! Happy birthday! I remember when she was born!

Lesley Ann said...

Happy Birthday Kylie and Congrats on your YW award. You are an amazing Young Woman, I love you!

Cristi said...

Nice work!

pattibjohn said...

Wow! That sounds like a real nice production your stake puts on! What a great accomplishment! I can't believe she graduates next year. Yikes!

Shauna said...

What is it with mom and dad coming for something special and we don't get pictures?? We did the same thing at the boys ordinations...No Pictures!! Makes me mad too!
Awesome accomplishment Kylie!

Joy :) said...

Oh that's neat. Happy late Birthday Kylie.

Shauna said...

Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥

Grandma said...

Congratulations Kylie!!! You have worked really hard for this special award and we're so proud of you. We loved sharing this wonderful evening with you & your family. Always remember we love you.

Love & Hugs,
Grandma

Kylie Ann said...

thanks guys, wow i am super late at looking at this. lol.